Posted on March 18, 2008 by randog
Harlan from the Teton Freedom Riders was our test pilot.
Despite Saturday’s low temps and a dusting of snow Eric, Steve, Quinn, Jed, Harlan, Jim, Lee and Anthony came out on the 1st Poedunks dig-day in ’08 Thanks!
We armored the approach to the table top, grubbed out yet another turn and flagged the rythym section
On tap for next Saturday March 22 will be completing the turn we grubbed, building the rythym section and some berm packing/clean up before we hit the rock garden! Meet @ the RSF softball fields 9 A.M.
One good turn deserves another….
Steve has some more great pictures up @dhReno
Filed under: Events, Trail Work, Uncategorized | 1 Comment »
Posted on May 29, 2007 by Wolfy
This should prove to be a fun race again this year. A few riders went out from Reno last year and enjoyed it thoroughly. It is put on by the Great Basin Trails Alliance a group which has done a lot of trail work out in a place where riding isn’t nearly as popular as it is here. I hope to buy a pitcher of beer and learn a thing or two about building trails.
- An enduro format mountain bike event. Timed sections mostly downhill, combined time wins.
- Men’s and women’s events for all classes.
- New fun ride class that is shorter in length and less climbing than the beginner class.
- Beginner Class: 17.5 miles, 2,300′ elevation gain, 2 timed sections.
- Sport Class: 26.6 miles, 3,500′ elevation gain, 3 timed sections.
- Expert Class: 33.3 miles, 5,400′ elevatin gain, 5 timed sections.
- Camping in downtown Ely!
Filed under: Events | 2 Comments »
Posted on May 14, 2007 by randog
P-Quad #1 a success! Saturday May 12, 2007 Poeville, NV:
In support of the Great Truckee Meadows Community Cleanup The Poedunks hauled some major trash off the trails of Peavine Mountain.
Dale cooking good old american bacon (product of Canada)
Filed under: Events | 5 Comments »
Posted on May 13, 2007 by Wolfy
What I saw this morning. Click the pic for more. A good day for lovers of Peavine!
Filed under: Events | Leave a comment »