The Poedunk’s are partnering with the Tahoe Rim Trail Association (TRTA) and Washoe County to build The Brown’s Crk Trail and your help is needed. June 4; Poeville, NV
We will be constructing a Rolling Crown Switchback and a couple of Climbing Turns. This is an ambitious project requiring advanced design/construction skills and lots of muscle. Don’t be intimidated Dale and I have already finished the design and layout and we will be there to lead the project. We will need at least 10 hardy volunteers to complete this project.
Our plan is to tackle this project in 2 phases
- Thursday June 7th 5:45 PM – we will meet Kristine Bunnel from Washoe County and move rocks for the crib wall and prep the site for construction.
- Saturday June 9th 8:30 AM – we will participate in the Tahoe Rim Trail Event and complete construction of the turns. If you are interested in working on Sat. please register at the TRTA website this event is Work Party #7 this is important because St. James Village is buying lunch and they need to know how many to order.
We will meet at the Washoe County Trail Head on Joy Lake Rd. Please come prepared with long pants, gloves, boots, food and plenty of water all tools will be provided by The Poedunks.
Directions to the trail head from US 395:
- Take Mt. Rose Hgwy (SR 431) West to Joy Lake Rd.
- Turn Left on Joy Lake Rd. travel about a mile on Joy Lake Rd.
- Just past Green Ash Rd. you will see a large gravel parking area on the left
- Look for the red Toyota truck(s)
For engineer types, trail geeks or those curious about how, what and why we are building a Rolling Crown Switchback (RCS) please check out the following IMBA articles: Rolling Crown Switchbacks:Routing Trails on Steeper Grades, and Rolling crown Switchback Baiscs, RCS Engineering Detail
If you have any questions please call Randy @ 830-3690 or add a comment to the blog.
See ya -Randy
Filed under: Calender |